Prairie star ranch is gearing up for registration for all camps
by Joe Bollig
The chance of getting bored at Prairie Star in Williamsburg is so slim because each camp offers a whole host of outdoor activities — horseback riding, high-ropes climbing, canoeing, hiking, orienteering, rock climbing, rappelling, basketball, soccer, swimming, mountain biking, mountain boarding, tent camping, softball and social activities.
More importantly, each camp experience is grounded in the ranch’s primary purpose: to bring campers closer to Christ. The kids are offered opportunities daily to explore their faith, to worship alongside other faith-filled youths, and at least once each camp, to participate in Mass and the sacrament of reconciliation.
This year, Prairie Star Ranch is offering four camps:
• Camp Kateri, three-day camps for kids entering fifth and sixth grades, with sessions offered June 1-3, 4-6, 28-30, and July 6-8. Cost: $230.
• Camp Tekakwitha, six-day camps for kids entering seventh and eighth grades, with sessions offered June 7-12, 14-19, July 10-15, and 19-24. Cost: $370.
• Tekakwitha and X-treme, six- and nine-day camps, respectively; with Tekak- witha, June 21-26, cost: $380; and X- treme, July 26-Aug. 3, cost: $430.
• Family Camp, a three-day camp, July 16-18, with children age two and under free (no babysitting provided); and $215 for participants two and older.
The time for registration is rapidly approaching, and some camps and terms fill up rather quickly. Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Online registration for campers in grades 5 and 6 begins at 9 a.m. on Feb. 8.
• Online registration for campers in grades 7 through 12 begins at 9 a.m. on Feb. 1.
Registrations postmarked and/or received prior to Feb. 1 for campers in grades 7 through 12, and prior to Feb. 8 for campers in grades 5 and 6, will be returned. No hand-delivered registrations will be accepted.
Campers who register online will receive instant confirmation; those who apply by mail will receive confirmation or a wait list letter three weeks after registration. Final balances are due May 15.
Youth residential scholarships are available. For scholarship information, send an e-mail to: jenniferarchkck@sunflower. com.
Registrations will not be accepted without a completed health form, photocopy of health insurance card, wallet-size photo of the camper, and a nonrefundable and non-transferable deposit of $100.
To register, go to the Web site at: www. archkck.org and follow the registration instructions.
If you have registration questions, you may call the camp info line at (913) 647- 3054, or send an e-mail to: jenniferarch firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about camp policies and activities, call Shawn Madden at (785) 746-5693, or send an e-mail to: Prairie StarRanch@gmail.com.
Wait at least 48 hours for your call to be returned before calling again. To download forms and brochures, go to the Web site at: www.archkck.org.
For information about Family Camp, contact Dana Nearmyer at (913) 6457-0331, or send an e-mail to: email@example.com.