About the author

Todd Habiger

Todd Habiger

Todd has been the production manager for The Leaven since 1995. Under his direction The Leaven has won multiple design awards from the Catholic Press Association. Prior to working at The Leaven, Todd was an award-winning writer for The Catholic Key newspaper in Kansas City, Mo. Todd is married to Lori Wood Habiger, a former Leaven employee herself. They have two children — Paige and Connor, and one dog — Joli.

3 Comments

    • Hi Susan, thanks for reaching out! St. Francis originated in the 1860s on the north side of Rock Creek, 20 miles southwest of Lawrence. In 1884, the population shifted four miles south where present day Lapeer is located. The first church was torn down in 1884 and a new one was built closer to the people. In the 1950s, the church was remodeled to serve a growing population. It was rededicated in 1954 by Bishop Edward Hunkeler. Hope this helps!

Leave a Comment