KANSAS CITY, Kan. — “Treasures of the Church,” a traveling exposition of sacred relics, will visit the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas and the Greater Kansas City area in late July.
More than 150 relics, some reputed to be at least 2,000 years old, will be shown.
Among them will be relics of St. Joseph, St. John the Baptist, St. Mary Magdalene, St. Maria Goretti, St. Thérèse of Lisieux, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Faustina Kowalska. There will also be a fragment of the veil belonging to Our Lady and the largest remaining pieces of the wood of the true Cross.
The schedule is as follows:
• July 25 at 1 p.m.: St. Gregory the Great Parish, 1310 Carolina St., Marysville; (785) 562-3302
• July 26 at 6:30 p.m.: St. John Francis Regis Parish, 8941 James A. Reed Rd., Kansas City, Missouri; (816) 761-1608
• July 27 at 6:30 p.m.: St. Michael the Archangel Parish, 14251 Nall Ave., Leawood; (913) 402-3900
• July 28 at 6:30 p.m.: Mother Teresa of Calcutta Parish, 2014 N.W. 46th St., Topeka; (785) 286-2188
• July 29 at 6:30 p.m.: Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, 201 N.E. Chandler St., Topeka; (785) 232-5088
• July 30 at 6:30 p.m.: Holy Angels Parish, 15438 Leavenworth Rd., Base- hor; (913) 724-1665
• July 31 at 5:30 p.m.: St. Stanislaus Parish, 703 Main St., Rossville; (785) 584-6612
Leave a Comment