by Joe Bollig
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Do you need a boost to start your Lent off right? Then mark your calendar this coming March for a five-day revival led by Father Chester Smith, SVD.
Father Chester, who has led other revivals at Kansas City, Kansas, parishes, will return for one from March 2 to Ash Wednesday, March 6, at three parishes: Christ the King, Blessed Sacrament and Our Lady & St. Rose. (See full schedule below.)
The theme for this year’s revival is: “Jesus is Our Inheritance.”
Father Chester — and occasionally his twin brother Father Charles Smith, also a Divine Word Missionary priest — have led revivals at Kansas City, Kansas, parishes for more than 20 years.
Chicago-born and raised, Father Chester, now based in Indianapolis, is part of the Bowman Francis Ministry. As a missionary, he is commissioned to minister to and evangelize African- American youth, young adults and others.
The revival schedule is:
• 4 p.m. Mass on March 2 at Christ the King Parish, 3024 N. 53rd St.
• 8 a.m. Mass on March 3 at Blessed Sacrament Parish, 2203 Parallel Pkwy.
• 9:30 a.m. Mass on March 3 at Christ the King Parish
• 11 a.m. Mass on March 3 at Our Lady & St. Rose, 2300 N. 8th St.
• 7 p.m. on March 4 at Our Lady & St. Rose
• 7 p.m. March 5 at Our Lady & St. Rose
• 7 p.m. on Ash Wednesday, March 6, at Our Lady & St. Rose