by Matt Karr
We rarely watch anything on over-the-air television anymore.
If you stop by our house and we are watching something on TV, more than likely we are watching a show on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or something that was recorded earlier on the DVR. Well, the world of live stream is coming to the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas during the Year of Faith.
The Year of Faith commemorates the 50th anniversary of the beginning of the Second Vatican Council and this lecture series is designed to introduce Catholics to the key documents and themes of the council. The lectures will each be one hour in length and will run on four consecutive Tuesday evenings in Lent, beginning Feb. 19.
Our keynote presenters are Archbishop Emeritus James P. Keleher and Father John Melnick, SSA, from Donnelly College in Kansas City, Kan. Both Archbishop Keleher and Father John are energetic presenters and great teachers.
The lecture schedule is as follows:
Archbishop Keleher — Feb. 19, 7-8 p.m. — “Lumen Gentium”
Father John — Feb. 26, 7-8 p.m. — “Sacrosanctum Concilium”
Father John — March 5, 7-8 p.m. — “Gaudium et Spes”
Archbishop Keleher — March 12, 7-8 p.m. — “Dei Verbum”
This lecture series is a great way for Catholics to learn more about the Second Vatican Council during the Year of Faith. It is also a great opportunity to grow closer to Jesus during the season of Lent.
It is important to Archbishop Joseph Naumann that all Catholics in the archdiocese have an opportunity to participate in this exciting lecture series. Therefore, we are offering three different ways to participate:
1. Attend the lecture series in person at Holy Spirit Church in Overland Park by registering online at: www. archkck.org/vatican
2. Attend the lecture series at a live stream group location. Those locations are as follows:
• Immaculata High School – Leavenworth
• Most Pure Heart of Mary – Topeka
• Mother Teresa – Topeka
• St. Joseph – Shawnee • Sacred Heart – Emporia
• St. Dominic – Holton
3. Watch the lecture series via live stream at home. For the first time ever, we will have an event available for live stream within the comforts of your own home! Visit the archdiocesan digital media center at: resources.archkck.org and create a login in advance. Log in and watch the lecture series at: resources. archkck.org/live at the above specified times.
If you are interested in attending the lecture series either in person, at a live group streaming location, or by watching in you own home, then visit our website: www.archkck.org/faith for more details.
What a great opportunity we will have this Lent. I hope that you can “tune in” to learn more about the Catholic Church during the Year of Faith.